Terms & Conditions
Daily Rates on Hunts Include:
- Services of Professional Hunter, Tracker, Driver, Skinner and Camp Staff
- Serviced accommodation
- Meals and soft drinks during the safari period
- Airport transfers to and from specified airport, unless otherwise indicated
- Trophy preparation in the field
- Delivery of trophies to Life Form Taxidermy if hunting in South Africa
- Laundry services
Daily Rates on Hunts Exclude:
- Accommodation Prior and Post safari period
- Alcoholic beverages
- International & Domestic airfare as well as Charter Flights
- Trophy fees of animals wounded or killed
- Additional transport or vehicle hire
- Gratuities & items of a personal nature
- Taxidermy costs (mounting trophies)
- Shipping of trophies from taxidermist to final destination.
Terms & Conditions:
- Safari will be confirmed on receipt of non refundable deposit in US Dollars
- Balance of daily rates (safari fees) are payable 90 days prior to commencement of safari.
- Trophy fees are payable at end of safari, prior to departure
- Any game wounded and not found must be paid for in full
- Species in Package Hunts may not be traded or exchanged
- Package hunts may be upgraded by adding additional hunting days and additional species as per the latest tariff sheet
- In the event of cancellation 180 days prior to safari, 25% cancellation fee on payments received.
- No refunds on cancellations within 180 days of commencement of safari on any monies received.
- All payments to be made in Credit Card, US Dollar Cash or Travellers cheque.
- 3.5% Booking & Processing fee will be charged on Credit Card payments.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice, unless deposit has already been received and booking agreement issued.
- Airfare prices quoted are an estimate and are subject to change as per airline prices and seat availability until payment has been received.
Reservation & Payments:
- Reservations are made by contacting Mafigeni Safari Company directly, hereinafter referred to as the "Company", or through an agent, if your booking is made by one.
- Safaris are booked and only confirmed on receipt of a 50% deposit of the basic safari rate. There shall be no binding contract until the deposit has been paid. Failure to remit your deposit on time may result in an automatic release of the confirmed space and the possible inability to reinstate your reservation. When the Company acknowledges receipt in writing of the deposit to you it shall be deemed to constitute acceptance and confirmation of the reservation.
- By paying a deposit, you (the client) and Mafigeni Safaris are deemed to be under contract for dates quoted for your safari. Deposits are not refundable - the very principle of accepting a deposit being to confirm arrangements, and to mitigate the total loss of a safari booking in the event of a postponement or a cancellation, and to ensure a commitment by both parties.
- The balance is due no later than ninety (90) days before commencement of your safari, if the balance has not been received by this date, the Company shall be entitled at its discretion to treat your reservations as cancelled and consequently your deposit will be forfeited.
- Any other related fees, including hunting permits, firearm permits and duty, conservation fees, hunting area fees, trophy export license fee, trophy handling and preparation fees, air transportation costs and the game fee deposit must be paid no later than ninety (90) days before commencement of your safari.
- Any extensions to your reservation made within ninety (90) days of commencement of your safari may be accepted provided space is available, payment in full is received, and documentation finalized before departure.
- Bookings are also conditional on you the client by signing this BOOKING AGREEMENT (RELEASE FORM).
- Any postponement request of reservation must be writing. The Company, at its sole discretion, retains the right either to accept or refuse such postponement request, which shall only be effective upon its acknowledged receipt by the Company.
- In the event of an agreed postponement, the deposit will be debited with the salary of the Professional Hunter. The balance of the deposit will be put forward to the new dates. A second request for a postponement will be treated as a full cancellation, the difference due on the full deposit will be billed and subject to immediate settlement.
- If you request a postponement of your safari after the final balance has been paid or due (within 90 days ahead of safari starting date), and in the event the Company does not agree to a postponement, the whole Basic Safari fee is forfeited. If the Company, at its sole discretion, does agree to a postponement, the deposit (50% of the Basic Safari fee) will be forfeited.
Cancellations & No Shows:
- Any cancellations of reservation must be in writing and shall only be effective upon its acknowledged receipt by the Company.
- In the event of a cancellation you will forfeit the deposit in total. (See 1.2).
- If you totally cancel your safari after the final balance has been paid, the basic safari fee is forfeited in full. Furthermore Compensation for unused hunting quotas (game) will have to be met at 50% of quota set aside for your safari.
- If you cancel within 72 hours of your planned arrival or are a No show, the Company will treat your reservation as cancelled, and all payments made by you will be forfeited.
No refunds are given:
- If you can only complete a portion of your safari booking and leave early. The safari section left unused cannot be refunded or re-used on a future safari booking.
- For lost travel time or substitution of facilities.
- For itineraries amended after departure.
- For circumstances arising beyond the Company's control, necessitating alternative arrangements to be made to ensure the safety and/or further participation and enjoyment of your safari.
- If you do not arrive for any accommodation/service, sightseeing or trip segment.
For your Information:
- The Company acts as a booking agent when requested or necessary, for hotel, airlines, air charters, bus companies, ground transportation, boat purveyors or owners and other independent ground/air operators. The transportation, accommodations and other services provided by the ground/air operators are offered subject to the terms and conditions contained in the tickets, exchange orders or vouchers issued by them and/or their suppliers. Because the Company does not have the right to control the operations of the independent operators and their suppliers, IT CANNOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE which may arise out of these services.
- The Company reserves the right to cancel any itinerary or any part of it, to make alterations in the itinerary as it deems necessary or desirable, to refuse to accept or to retain as a member of any safari any person at any time, and to pass on to safari members any expenditure occasioned by delays or events beyond control. In case of any appreciable variation in its cost, the Company reserves the right to adjust its rates.
- The Company draws your attention to the fact that there are certain inherent risks involved in participating in the type of trips and/or safaris sold by the Company and that you accept them at your own risk.
- It is your sole responsibility to take all appropriate medical advice prior to departure as to whether you are fit enough to undertake the trip booked. The Company shall not be liable for illness, injury or death sustained on a program sold by the Company, its officers, employees, authorized representatives or agents whom so ever.
"Force Majeure" means, in relation to the Company, any circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Company (including, but without limitation, acts of God, explosion, flood, tempest, fire or accident, war or threat of war, sabotage, insurrection, civil disturbance or requisition).
If the Company is affected by Force Majeure it shall forthwith notify you of the nature and the extent thereof.
The Company shall not be deemed to be in breach of these terms and conditions or otherwise be liable to you, by reason of delay in performance, or by non-performance, of any of its obligations hereunder to the extent that any such delay or non-performance
is due by any Force Majeure.
If the Company is affected by Force Majeure it shall be entitled to, and may in its sole and absolute discretion, vary or cancel any itinerary or arrangement in relation to the trip. Payment of any refund by the Company to you as a result of the non-performance of any of the Company's obligations hereunder shall remain at its sole and absolute discretion whilst endeavouring to reimburse you where possible. However, the recovery of the reasonable, actual and potential costs to the company of the Force Majeure shall apply.
Regarding civil unrest, once the Company has investigated the prevailing situation as it
The Company strongly recommend that you obtain the following types of insurance which are commercially available:
- Accidental death and disability
- Major medical
- Emergency medical evaluation
- Loss of personal effects
- Trip cancellation
You are not covered by any form of insurance by the Company. You undertake any trip or safari arranged by the Company at your own risk.
Although the Company hopes that it will not need to levy surcharges, it reserves the right to do so on the invoice amount, if this becomes necessary. The Company will endeavour to notify you in writing as soon as it is aware of any likely surcharge (depending on the circumstances). If the surcharge is not paid within such a time, the Company may construe such non payment as an act of cancellation on your part and the provisions of Clause 2 shall apply. Any refund made by the Company shall be at its sole and absolute discretion.
Booking Terms & Agreement
Booking terms and conditions govern the relationship between the Company and you, to the total exclusion of any other bookings, terms and conditions. No alteration to the bookings, terms and conditions may be made by any of the Company's employees, authorised representatives or agents, unless in writing by an authorised officer of the Company. All decisions and matters subject to the Company's discretion shall be made by an authorised officer of the Company.
Carriage by Land, Sea & Air:
Carriage by land, sea and air are subject to the terms and conditions of the carrier with whom you travel and to international conventions, some of which may limit liability. Land, sea and air travel are also subject to operational decisions of carriers and air and sea ports which may result in cancellations, delays and diversions, over which the Company has no control and for which the Company accepts no liability whatsoever.
Temporary or permanent loss of baggage is the responsibility of yourself or the carrier. It is not the responsibility of the safari company and any expense involved in such a loss is entirely yours or the carrier's responsibility.
Travel Documents & Vaccinations:
It is your responsibility to ensure that passports, visas, travel permits, health certificates, inoculations, or other documentation required for the trip are obtained and are in order. It is your responsibility to meet any additional costs incurred either by yourself (or by the Company on your behalf) as a result of any failure by you to comply with such requirements.
You must advise the Company in writing of any special requests, eg. diet or 'facility' when you submit your reservation to the Company. The Company will meet, any such requests, if possible.
Information in the Brochure
All information given in this brochure is, to the best of the company's knowledge, "correct at the time of going to press" but the Company reserves the right to change the same.
If you have any cause for complaint while travelling, you must immediately bring it to the attention of the Company's local representative or agent who will attempt to resolve the situation.
The payment of the deposit OR any other partial payment for a reservation on a safari constitutes consent to all provisions of the booking and the conditions and general information contained in this brochure. The terms under which you agree to take part in these safaris cannot be changed or amended except in writing signed by an authorised officer of the Company.
Monies paid to Booking Agents:
If your safari is booked with an agent, your booking agent will forward deposits and other payments to us on your behalf. Since your booking agent is not our agent for purpose of the receipt of monies, there is no liability on our part unless and until we notify you (by way of Booking Confirmation) that monies paid have been received by us. We will issue a Booking Confirmation to your agent immediately upon receipt of their payment on your behalf.
Condition of Booking:
You shall comply with the instructions of the Company's Representative at all times. No client shall be accepted or permitted to continue on safari while their status, mental physical condition is, in the opinion of the representative of the Company, such as render them incapable of caring for themselves; objectionable to other clients, become a hazard to themselves, other clients or safari company employees. The Company will not be responsible for expenses by such persons precluded from completing the safari for this reason.
Notice of Responsibility:
When you book travel related services with the Company, you are entering into a binding agreement that assumes all terms and conditions are fully understood as stated in this brochure.
Your Booking Agents Responsibility (if you used one):
At Mafigeni Safaris we enjoy a first class working relationship with booking agents throughout the world. To facilitate the reservations process for you, Mafigeni Safaris requests its booking agents to provide you with thorough communications pertaining your booking. Your agent has been provided with a list of responsibilities to assist and inform you on matters such as required documentation, payment schedules and cancellation policies. Your agent will assist you to the best of his/her ability in provide answers and information pertaining to your booking.
Your game trophies will not be shipped until full and final payment of all outstanding game fees and any safari extras, such as tips and other personal expenses raised in the final invoice, are settled in full. Non payment will result in forfeiture of any trophies hunted, to the Company or Government as the case may be.